Yesterday, I came home from a long day at the office and turned on the Haiti Telethon. All of a sudden, I began to cry and just process the neverending devastation that the people of this nation continually endure.
Haiti is the first Caribbean nation to fight and claim their freedom via slave revolt. However, historically, they have had to deal with shady, unstable governments, crippling poverty, and an overall lack of the simplest necessities to survive. What kind of shit is this? The powers that be spend millions to place satellites in the atmosphere and to set up shop on Mars, but a percentage of this world's population live in extreme poverty, not knowing where the next meal is coming from.
Clearly, this is all by design and a means of population control. There always has to be sufficient disparities in order to moronize the masses and maintain a sense of power. It's assumed that those born into these destitute circumstances statistically will not make it out because they will not have the resources and or the knowledge to make a better way.
Products of their environment, huh?
What those that run the show need to realize is that our people are resilient and have survived things that no other group of people can, with the exception of a nuclear attack!!!
I am just so sick of how skewed our media can be. I am looking forward to the day when I am in another country and can watch how this country is portrayed in the news. It's different to watch BBC News here in the states. I want the effect of being in London and watching how the international media tells our stories. Or being in Morroco or Italy, or Japan.
It is important to be a critical consumer in this life and do your own research. Challenge your current belief system, perhaps you will learn something new or get the answers to those questions you have been asking yourself.
This entry is all over the place, but hey, these are my thoughts and I am sharing. Perhaps it will hit a nerve with someone who may read it, or maybe it won't. It's all about opening up a forum for dialogue.
Prayers to my Haitian brothers and sisters.
Paz y Amor,
Nish
i think you're right...and it can be so overwhelming to think about all the plight in the world. some days it feels heavier than others, doesn't it?
ReplyDelete