Monday, May 17, 2010

Friend and love.......

Two words that are often misused. I can say that anytime I have said either, I meant it. I am very vocal and do not mince words. However, everyone is not like me and they may choose to play games, talk a lot of shit, lie, the list goes on.

My mother told me this a long time ago and it still holds true. I have grown to realize that everyone is not worthy of your love and friendship. It changes and varies. I feel it depends on what you as an individual will tolerate.

As I grow more secure in my skin, I realize that I tolerate less from folks. Additionally, I have realized that I can't lay the same expectations of what I define as a "friend" on others. Therefore, I have reevaluated my ground rules and will pay more attention to the signs that will tell me, "hey, this person is not to be trusted."

Enough of letting things slide as just "hey, that's just the way they are." There are certain attributes that I will not tolerate any longer from people that I let into my life. Especially, when I sit back and look at how hard I have worked to become the woman I am today, and still working on the woman I will be...it never ends.

I am just thankful for everything. The good and the bad experiences, everyone that has come in and out of my life. It has all been a learning lesson for sure.

Onward and upward. I thank the powers that be for this clarity and for this journey. I am a tough lady, I have survived a lot and have dealt with a lot health wise as of late. I am still here and thus am charged with making things right for myself. This is never without any help of course and never without love. Change will never occur without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment