Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New found peace.

It's been an interesting year to say the least. I love how, you never know what the next second is going to bring.

I am realizing as I get older, sometimes you have to clean house. I have been praying for peace for a long time. Wasn't sure in what form it was going to present itself, but knew it would come one day.

It's funny how when you are true to yourself and stick to your guns, the clutter disappears. In my case, this came in the form of people in my life. I am relishing in the tranquility of not having to listen to negative, self-loathing on a daily basis. There is always someone in a worse situation. If it is something that can be changed, change it, period.

I realize that everyone has their definition of what friendship means and there comes a point where I realized that I don't have to compromise myself when I know in my heart I have been nothing but a friend. Take it or leave it, hate it or love it, I don't care. I am glad that I am not that needy and am comfortable being alone with my thoughts and with myself. I can take myself out to dinner and love shopping alone. Not working on anyone else's time.

My most important relationship that I am focused on is with myself and my creator, that's it. I will continue to nurture those relationships that I deem worthy and that I feel are genuine. I am so happy with the woman that I am and am looking forward to the rest of this journey.

I want to thank the powers that be for giving me this new found peace of mind. Keeping things simple and on my own terms is something new and exciting for me. I'm loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment